Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Different Strokes for Different Folks - Residential properties

Take a break from your usual thoughts.

Why do you need your own house?

Well, some of the ones I have heard over time are:
Buddy, it satiates the need for security.
Everybody has bought one -that tells me something - Its necessary !!
I don't want my money to go in waste (read rent)....
Don't want to listen to my Landlord's nagging - ugh!
Its a great investment - a Systematic Investment Plan.
My spouse says we need one - LoL
Its my retirement plan


How do I identify a suitable house?
Tricky tricky ....

The maximum budget - do your maths with EMI (don't worry if you can't - I shall demystify that in one of these blogs)
Need a 3 Bedroom unit
Need a house in this wonderful project that my colleague told me about.
Liked the advt (placed by developer) -It looks like heaven (Didn't know a spa, gym and jogging track were attributes for my paradise on earth - The ad tells me that.
Its a Steal Deal (The seller is a moron)
Its a great opportunity with all the development coming in.
My friend made money in a similar project.



Is the location of the house suitable for me?

Many buyers I know would prefer to buy a house close to where they live. I call it the "Republic Effect" - One wants to stay in the Republic of _____ (wherever you live". I love to stay in the Republic of Kormangala)
Reasons:
The maid stays nearby -now that's important !!
I love my morning walk in this neighbourhood..hmmm
The kids love the nearby library.
Who wants to change the bus / train route?
I have friends around and they are important.
I know and love the shops around.


Some would love to buy a house close to where they work....
Its smarter - less commuting.
It frees up time for what is important - More work? (Nah - I'm just kidding)
Saves expenses on travel.


All these are important questions - The answers are even more important - think about it. Debate if you want with your spouse - I shall take this on in my next blog...right now my kids await the pasta I promised to make them tonite. So bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dear Reader, Your feed-back to make this blog useful is really welcome. Brick-bats and bouquets alike. Best wishes.

Can we afford these houses?

Last week two buyers - a couple and their friend, came to discuss their choices in a new housing project? All the three of them were senio...